Pirates of Pensacola by Keith Thomson
Anything goes for discussion here as long as it pertains to the Prologue and Chapter 1. If you have a question for Keith type it on up and hopefully he'll be around to answer it.
To start things off, I have a few points of discussion myself.
1. You've received an invitation to the fifty-eighth annual Costume Ball at the Shore Havens Yacht Club. Who or what will you be?
2. Do you think the punch at the club was spiked? If so, which guest do you believe was most likely the culprit?
3. Question for Keith: Do you throw sidearm?
4. In today's reading assignment there's a scene which could be construed as symbolic, maybe even prophetic, when you consider the source (Keith) and his future writing endeavors. Do you know which scene I'm referring to? If you're not familiar with Keith's other writings, here's a clue... a "similar scene" is played out in De bijbel.
5. As a kid, the parking lot lines were balance beams to me. I would walk, stand on my hands and do cartwheels, practicing for my future reign as the next Nadia Comaneci. Am I the only one? Did anyone else out there have a unique or unusual use for parking lot lines? If so, please share.
6. Morgan inherited something from his father, perhaps unwittingly so. 10 DVP points for the first person to give me the correct answer.
7. Am I the only person who wonders why there are so many handicap parking spots and why they most always are empty and why the closest able-bodied spots are always full and more often than not, occupied by a car with handicap tags?
Please take the time to draw, no matter how simple or archaic, the most vivid image in your mind conjured up from the Prologue and Chapter 1. Either do them in paint and email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or draw them on paper, scan them, and email them to me at email@example.com. This is not about art, or drawing, but personal vision and sheer entertainment value. Please participate. All entries will be posted on the front page. Deadline for submission is tomorrow evening, Friday, at 7:00 p.m.CST. I can't wait. For inspiration, here's mine. What is it, exactly...
8. Morgan being left eternally in the oceanside arcade parking lot conjured up a frightening image from my childhood which I will share later. As a child, were any of you ever forgotten by your parents or were they way late in picking you up? Please dish all the juicy details.
9. And last, but not least, if you have a topic or issue or your own trivia question from today's reading material, please post it. The more, the better.
(As extra incentive, for some of the participation questions, there may be a handsome reward, so be sure and participate!)